Experienced Ruby on Rails Developer
ShowMojo is a fully remote company. We do need some of your work to overlap during the US day. But you can live and work from anywhere.
We are looking for one or more long-term developers with very good knowledge of Ruby on Rails to continue development on a live web application..
Our company has been going strong for five years. We highly prefer developers who want a stable, long-term engagement with a single company.
You will work alongside five other developers, who know the application well. There is a large and growing suite of automated tests. All code is peer-reviewed. Everyone is responsible for their own production deploy. You might also be asked to perform general maintenance of other items such as deploy scripts, Linode VPS, etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Significant Experience with Ruby on Rails 3.2..
- Knowledge and use of a MVC architecture.
- Knowledge and use of RESTful coding.
- Use of GIT for source code management and deploy.
- Write automated tests for all new code, using tools such as Cucumber and RSpec.
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility (Firefox, IE, Safari, Chrome).
- Buildout and upkeep of branching, migration and deployment scripts (we use a Linode server).
- Some Linux server management
- Experience with previous Real Estate projects is a plus.